Just 30 minutes from Downtown Halifax, the Airport Area is home to Halifax Stanfield International Airport and its charming surrounding communities.
The suburban communities that make up this region, including Fall River and Waverley, are populated with coffee shops and bakeries, local pubs, farmers' markets, and plenty of lakes and trails.
With several great hotels, inns, and B&Bs nearby, this region is ideal for travellers looking to stay close to the airport on a short stopover or start or end their stay in the Halifax region.
7 Things To Do in the Airport Area
- Visit the Wellington Bakery for some of the best brown bread you’ll ever taste.
- Go for a hike, walk, or bike ride through McDonald Sports Park in Waverley.
- Visit A Good Day Kitchen & Café in Fall River for delicious treats, eats, and coffees.
- Stock up on local produce for your visit to Halifax at the year-round Vegetorium Country Farm Market in Fall River.
- Dine at The Turtleback Tap & Grill, Oliver’s Gastropub, or The Fourth Lock – all in Fall River and just minutes from the Halifax Airport!
- Golf at Ashburn Golf Club in Fall River or Airlane Golf Club behind the airport!
- Camp lakeside at Laurie Provincial Park.
Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum
If you’re into aviation you can’t miss checking out the Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum. With 20+ aircraft, three simulators, and hundreds of artifacts, the museum is dedicated to the preservation of Canada’s rich civilian and military aviation history, and has the most comprehensive collection east of Ottawa.