The Bedford-Sackville region is a family-friendly community centered around the most internal point of the Halifax Harbour. The region offers great shopping, family-friendly activities, and brilliant outdoor experiences.
Bedford sits at the northwestern end of the Bedford Basin and offers incredible views of the Halifax Harbour from DeWolf Park. The area is known for Sunnyside Mall, the charming Bedford Basin Farmers’ Market and Garden Centre, and historic Hemlock Ravine Park. Another scenic destination is Susies Lake, which is a beautiful natural setting for picnicking, hiking, and relaxation.
The Sackville area is growing with new retailers and restaurants popping up all the time. It’s a great stopover destination on your way to the Annapolis Valley. For those interested in history and culture, Lower Sackville has several notable landmarks and museums to visit. The Fultz House Museum was constructed in the 1860s and its collections reflect over 200 years of Sackville history.
10 Things You Have to Do in Bedford
- Walk along the Bedford Waterfront Boardwalk
- Order bagels from Halifax-famous Izzy's Bagel Co
- Walk through historic Hemlock Ravine Park and see the heart-shaped pond
- Shop local at the Bedford Basin Farmers’ Market
- Dine on classic Italian eats at Il Mercato
- Try the baked goods and bread at COBS Bread Bakery
- Pick up a snack from Pete’s Frootique & Fine Foods or the surrounding eateries in Sunnyside Mall
- Challenge your friends and family to indoor karting and laser tag at Kartbahn Racing Inc.
- Tee off seven days a week at Glen Arbour Golf Course
- Eat at the oldest drive-in diner in Canada! The Chickenburger has been a staple in Bedford for over 70 years!
5 Things You Have to Do In & Around SACKVILLE
- Get a coffee from Apartment 3 Espresso Bar
- Go for a walk along the Sackville Lakes Provincial Park trails
- Swim at one of the many beaches around First and Second Lake
- Hit some balls at the Emerson Ridge Driving Range in Beaver Bank
- Head to the local watering hole for food and drinks at the Beaver Bank Station
Bedford-Sackville Hidden Gem
Admiral Cove Park: The Bedford lookoff hidden in plain sight
photo: Halifax Trails
For more information about Bedford and its businesses, contact the Bedford Business Association.
For more information about Sackville and its businesses, contact the Sackville Business Association