Weekends were made for connecting with the people and places you love most.
Escape the everyday grind with a weekend reconnecting in Halifax. Packed with opportunities to shop, dine, and enjoy the company of your favourite people, this weekend getaway is the perfect way to unwind with girlfriends, or savour some quality time with your partner.
Relax, recharge, and reconnect with the things that matter most.
Where to Stay: Check in for your weekend escape at the Prince George Hotel, in the heart of downtown Halifax.
- Start on the right note with coffee and pastries in the North End
- Reconnect with the beauty of browsing: Check out the Halifax Shopping Centre, then take the rest of the day to stroll through the shops, spas and restaurants of Downtown Halifax and the Spring Garden Area.
- Cocktails and apps on the patio at The Mercantile Social.
- Dinner on Argyle: Get tacos and margs with a side of people-watching on Antojo's pergola-covered patio.
- Black Sheep for Brunch
- Take a trip to the beach: While away the afternoon on sandy Cleveland Beach near Hubbards.
Make it a long weekend getaway: DAY 3
- Stay at Oceanstone Seaside Resort
Start on the right note in the North End
Reconnect with the beauty of browsing
Take a trip to the Halifax Shopping Centre for summer staycation supplies - A new cooler? Bathing suit? Some beach reading?
- Biscuit General Store - 1661 Argyle St
- The Black Market Boutique - 1545 Grafton St
- Sweet Pea Boutique - 1542 Queen St
- Dugger's Mens Wear - 5476 Spring Garden Rd
After shopping, head back to the Prince George to freshen up and get ready to go out for the evening.
Kick off the evening with cocktails and apps on the patio at The Mercantile Social. Between the waterfront views and the global-inspired decor, the atmosphere on this patio will sweep you away.
Dinner on Argyle: Get tacos and margs with a side of people-watching on Antojo's pergola-covered patio.
*If the weather isn't cooperating with your patio plans, each of these places have a fantastic interior restaurant, so there's no need to make alternative arrangements, simply head inside!
Black Sheep for Brunch
Enjoy brunch at Black Sheep Restaurant, with its eclectic menu of all your brunch favorites, delicious cocktails, and unique dishes you’ll want to share.
Take a trip to the beach
While away the afternoon on sandy Cleveland Beach near Hubbards. Doing nothing isn’t frowned on - it's happily encouraged. Today’s a day to stretch out, catch up, and soak up some summer vibes.
Make it a long weekend getaway: Day 3
Stay at Oceanstone Seaside Resort
Stay a night (or more!) at Oceanstone Seaside Resort. Just a short drive along the coast, with adorable cottages, stunning ocean views, and millions of stars in the night sky. Choose from cottages, guest rooms or suites, each one unique and luxurious.
Bring wines and cheeses and do your own tasting, or avail yourself of their award-winning on-site restaurant, Rhubarb. BBQ outside your cottage door, or order from their In-Cottage Dining menu. You can’t go wrong here - you’re among friends.