Take the weekend to unplug, shut off your screens, get moving, and make a splash with your family in Halifax!
- Saturday: Ride the Harbour Hopper and walk the Halifax waterfront
- Sunday: Spend a long, lazy day at Long Lake Provincial Park
DAY 1: Saturday
Hop aboard the Harbour Hopper
You’ve seen the Harbour Hopper cruising the streets of downtown Halifax - maybe you’ve even waved at it! Now ask yourself, haven’t you always wanted to go for a ride? Now’s your chance to see Halifax from city streets to ocean swells and back again!
Wander the Waterfront
The Halifax Waterfront has food and drink choices for the whole family!
- Check out the Salt Yard for delicious options ranging from vegan take-out to lobster rolls to (most importantly) ice cream!
- OR head to the Stubborn Goat Beer Garden for picnic tables, pub grub and amazing views of the harbour.
Tacos are a suppertime treat that all families can agree on, and Mexi’s has a menu full of different kinds, from mild to muy caliente. A mile-high pile of nachos offers even more eat-with-your-hands fun, while grownups can also enjoy icy cervezas and margaritas.
Where to Stay
Check in to the pet-friendly, Future Inns Hotel Halifax located right by the Canada Games Centre (where your family can enjoy even more fun activities!). One of the best parts: it's easily accessible from major highways and close to local shopping, dining, and entertainment centres.
DAY 2: Sunday
Make it a long Long Lake day
Head to popular Long Lake Provincial Park where you can rent adult and child-sized kayaks, double kayaks, or Stand-Up Paddle Boards for you and the family to relax and splash the day away on.
Check out the Long Lake Adventure Company for pricing and details!
Cap it off with lunch nearby
Afterward, head to Station Six to take-out or dine-in on their tasty pub fare (Hint: Firehouse buttermilk onion rings - enough said!) - AND they have a great kids menu!
Fun Fact: Station Six's name was inspired by the Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service Station 6 - located right next door!
Pack & Prep
- Hats and sunscreen, towels and bathing suits!
- Book your Harbour Hopper Tour in advance here