Get ready for fall with a fun weekend of back-to-school shopping and family-friendly activities in Halifax. Bring the whole family and get stocked up for school at the Halifax Shopping Centre. Stay and explore Quinpool Road, from indoor climbing to breakfast-for-dinner!
This weekend of shopping in Halifax makes a fun family getaway that everyone will enjoy (while conveniently restocking those autumn essentials!).
- Take your time browsing at Halifax Shopping Centre
- Head to Terrace for lunch
- Burn off excess energy at East Peak Climbing
- Switch it up with breakfast for dinner at Cheeky Neighbour Diner, then head to Sweet Hereafter Cheesecakery for dessert
- Stay the night at Atlantica Hotel Halifax
- Visit the Ardmore Tea Room for a classic diner breakfast
- Shop and explore along Quinpool Road
Arrive early so you have plenty of time to browse the 170+ retailers at Halifax Shopping Centre
Try these quick-picks for back-to-school shoppers:
Shopping for kids clothes? Try Gap Kids, Roots or The Childrens Place
Looking for athletic wear or equipment? Check out Sport Chek/Atmosphere
Back-to-school books? Try Coles!
Get all your back-to-school appointments and errands covered in one morning:
Need some new glasses? Hakim Optical, Butler Opticians
Dental check up? Atlantic Dental Clinic, Trimac Dental
Time to trim the summer locks? First Choice Haircutters, Head Shoppe, HS Studio Spa, Maverick Studio for Men
If you're visiting from out of town, check out a few of these HSC stores you won't find anywhere else in Atlantic Canada:
Visit Terrace for lunch
Halifax Shopping Centre doesn't offer just any food court, the recently-renovated food court is more dining experience. You can choose to dine fireside, or al fresco on the outdoor patio.
- For the seafood lovers: Katch Seafood
- For those craving something healthy: Cultures or Mezza Lebanese Kitchen
- For something easy to snack on: Pretzelmaker & Mrs. Fields Cookies or New York Fries
Burn off any excess energy at East Peak Indoor Climbing on Quinpool Road.
Switch it up with breakfast for dinner at Cheeky Neighbour Diner, then head out for dessert at Sweet Hereafter Cheesecakery.
Stay the night at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax. Between their indoor pool, their pet-friendly policy, and their location across from the Halifax Common, The Atlantica is the perfect place to stay for your family-friendly shopping weekend.
Visit the Ardmore Tea Room for a classic diner breakfast before hitting the shops on Quinpool.
Before heading home, grab a sandwich for the road at Dilly Dally Cafe before heading home!
Pack & Prep
- Check out the hours of any stores you really want to visit in advance, as some places are closed on Sundays, and you may wish to make a stop on Saturday instead!
- Pack some reusable bags so that you can save the plastic/paper given in-store