Halifax looks forward to welcoming conference delegates to Halifax!
Halifax is the authentic East Coast experience. Here you can satisfy your taste for adventure, entertainment and cuisine. Enjoy exploring the historic downtown or take in the iconic coastline of the Halifax region . . . from the natural beauty of Peggy’s Cove to the pristine beaches of the Eastern Shore.
Come and discover what visitors have known for centuries – Halifax is a city you will not soon forget.
Halifax is so easily accessible by air, land and sea; you’ll be here before you know it!
Halifax Stanfield International Airport is Atlantic Canada’s centre for domestic, regional and international flight service offering direct flights to and from other Canadian cities, major city centres in the U.S., as well as the UK and Continental Europe.
Getting around downtown Halifax:
Click here for maps of Downtown Halifax and Halifax region
Halifax is the perfect place to plan your East Coast escape. Discover what makes travel to our region special . . . whether it’s through our food and wine, must-see attractions, vibrant nightlife or outdoor adventure – there are so many ways to experience our capital city by the sea!
We invite visitors to experience the best of Halifax through Handpicked Halifax, showcasing authentic, unique and totally-awesome experiences!
Here are 10 Things You Have to Experience in Halifax!
- Stroll along the Waterfront Boardwalk, one of the world’s longest downtown boardwalks. Surrounded by sparkling ocean and a working port, the Halifax waterfront is a bustling seaside playground filled with shops, restaurants, attractions and unique art installations.
- Ride the Alderney Ferry from Downtown Halifax to Dartmouth. While in Dartmouth, grab a coffee or dine in one of the many great restaurants and cafes. The Harbour Ferry is the oldest, continuous, salt-water passenger ferry service in North America. The Dartmouth waterfront also happens to be one of the top 10 places to watch the sunset in Halifax.
- Feast on the freshest of seafood . . . whether it’s authentic Maritime Fish n’ Chips, Digby Scallops, Atlantic Salmon or a classic lobster dinner you crave – Halifax is filled with hundreds of fabulous restaurants serving up your favorites!
- Get to know Halifax through our signature attractions such as the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 and the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic – absolute “musts” on any Halifax itinerary!
- Check out the Halifax Public Gardens, one of the finest surviving Victorian-style gardens in North America. Beautiful in all seasons, stroll along the paths of this 16-acre oasis in the middle of the city.
- Looking to do some shopping? Browse the colourful vintage clothing stores on Queen Street, pick up a souvenir at one of the many shops on Spring Garden Road, or head over to one of the city’s major shopping destinations such as Halifax Shopping Centre, MicMac Mall or Dartmouth Crossing.
- Check out the Halifax Central Library on Spring Garden Road. This cultural hub has received many accolades including winning the national 2016
Governor General Architecture Medal. Pop up to the 5th floor where you can enjoy a coffee and soak up the views from “Halifax’s Living Room”.
- Check out one of the most “Instagrammable” places in Halifax . . . the Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse and surrounding area have become iconic Canadian images, and one of the most photographed lighthouses in Canada.
- Spend an evening at one of Halifax’s local favourite live music venues and enjoy a real Nova Scotian Ceilidh or party!
- Have a Donair (Halifax’s official food) . . . a Donair is a sweet and spicy treat, and a uniquely Nova Scotian delicacy (that’s usually enjoyed late-night!).
There is so much to experience in Nova Scotia, Canada, why come just for the conference when you can come early and stay late to discover our stunning province! Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, beautiful scenery, fresh seafood, local cuisine and wine, an urban experience or something off the beaten path, Nova Scotia offers lots to do, see and experience.
Show your conference delegate badge to any of the Show Your Badge participating businesses and receive VIP offers designed exclusively for convention attendees and their companions.
Start your adventure here!
View the full e-reader version of the Official Halifax Highlights Visitor Guide. Once you have arrived in our region, hard copy versions of the guide can also be obtained at the Visitor Information Centre on the Halifax waterfront boardwalk where friendly, knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you.
Order a copy of the Nova Scotia Doers & Dreamers Travel Guide.