See what’s coming to Halifax!
Here are some story ideas and new developments and or story worth things coming to Halifax in 2019 and beyond
2019 Halifax Story Ideas
What’s new and exciting in 2019
- The local favourite Halifax Oyster Festival is celebrating their 5th anniversary in 2019
- ScotiaBank Bluenose Marathon is celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2019
- The 2019 Memorial Cup will be hosted in Halifax (for the first time in 19 years)
- The launch of Halifax Wanderers (only pro soccer team in Atlantic Canada)
- The Sutton Place Hotel in the Nova Centre (New Convention Centre) will open in spring 2019
- NewCastle Hotels and Resorts will be building a dual-branded hotel. One tower will be a Courtyard by Marriott and the other will be a Residence Inn by Marriott – Open date 2019
- The launch of Atlantic Canada’s first National Lacrosse League Team launching at the end of 2019
2020 Halifax Story Ideas
- The 2019 tourism results show the seventh year of consecutive growth for Halifax’s tourism market.
- HalCon, Atlantic Canada’s largest sci-fi, fantasy and gaming convention will be celebrating their 10th anniversary in 2020
- Sutton Place Hotels will be bringing its Sandman Signature brand to Dartmouth Crossing. The project is expected to start this summer with a target opening date in autumn 2020.
- Queens Marque Development– Open date 2020
- Local shops
- A boutique hotel
- Luxury Apartments
- North American Indigenous Games, July 12-18,2020 will bring 5,000 participates to compete in 16 sports.
- Halifax will host the 2020 Touchdown Atlantic. The three-day, mini-Grey cup event will include music, parties and family-fun events plus a football game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Toronto Argonauts.