For a full day packed with the best dates for you and your partner, follow this fun itinerary… and honestly, if all you have is a BFF to do these activities with, that is 100% a-ok! For the best experience, do this itinerary on a Saturday in the spring-fall seasons!
MORNING DATE (8am-11am)
- Start your day right, at the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market!
- Head to the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market, located on the Downtown Halifax Boardwalk
- It can be overwhelming at first, so hold your partner’s hand and do a lap before you start purchasing your breakfast, gifts and/or produce
- Once you’ve scouted the options, grab something to eat and find a place to sit amidst the hustle and bustle
- Pick up some snacks for the afternoon
- Head up to the rooftop of the market for a breath of fresh air and stunning views of the harbour
AFTERNOON DATE (1pm-3pm)
After your big breakfast, clear away from the bustling market vibes and get some fresh air and exercise
Option 1: If you a have car, enjoy the scenic drive and make your way to Crystal Crescent beach
- Take off your shoes and walk along the white-sand beaches for an ocean-stroll
- If you get hungry, stop by the Pavia Gallery Espresso Bar & Cafe
Option 2: If you are on foot, walk to Point Pleasant Park from the market
- Walk through the wooded-paths and along the oceanfront paths
- If you get hungry, there is a food truck near the beach!
EVENING DATE (7pm-10pm)
Now that you’ve had your exercise, it’s time for dinner and drinks (and dessert!)
- If it’s a nice evening, make your way to a waterfront patio for dinner at somewhere like The Bicycle Thief or Gahan House
- Afterwards, head to a beer garden or patio such as the Stillwell Beer Garden or Waterfront Beer Garden to taste test some local, craft beers
- There are plenty of places to get some ice cream or dessert, such as COWS Ice Cream or Dairy Bar!
More Restaurant Options: If you want a simple dinner date these are my favourite dinner spots!
1. EnVie, A Vegan Kitchen – Even if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian, the food and atmosphere here will blow your mind!
2. Morris East – This little pizzeria in Downtown Halifax has the best pizza and wine in town…. in my humble opinion!
3. Gahan House – Right on the waterfront, this restaurant has high ceiling, big windows and a view of the waterfront. With their own craft beer on tap and delicious food… it’s a great central location!
Itinerary provided by Katie
Katie is the Marketing & Communications Manager at Discover Halifax, where she is responsible for leading major marketing projects and campaigns and strategic planning. As a native Haligonian, Katie is here to tell you her insider’s guide to Halifax! Follow Katie on